This volume includes recent studies on Agricultural and Biosystems Engineering with particular reference to the fields of post-harvest technology and environmental protection.
They are the results of studies and research on current topics for a sustainable development of agriculture, food, land use and environment, including innovative subjects such as waste management, traceability, logistics, quality and food safety.
In total 12 different subjects have been considered:
- Labour, ergonomics, safety and health
- System engineering, management and traceability
- Field operations
- Post-harvest technology
- Renewable energy and efficiency
- Information systems and precision farming
- Land and water use
- Environment protection
- Protected cultivation and greenhouse technology
- Animal husbandry
- Economics and agricultural statistics
All the articles have been peer-reviewed for acceptance by at least two reviewers, frequently by three and rarely by more (see: Publication Policy)
All the articles are identified by a DOI number and will be evaluated for inclusion into SCOPUS and ISI citation databases.
Remigio Berruto, Pietro Catania, Mariangela Vallone (Guest Editors)