The major aim of this Volume is to review the latest development, needs and issues on the thematic areas covered in general by emerging references of Food Engineering Science.
Special care has been dedicated to collecting papers in the topic of food and biotechnolgy. These subjects are today showing a high level of interest and application in industry. The care for health,wellness and pleasure in food products becomes a challenge in the forthcoming years for the food industry.
This volume covers the following subjects:
- Food process intensification / Process and equipment design: emerging novel types of equipments and processing methods - miniaturization of process equipments
- Food process intensification / Environmental benefits : energy efficient food processing technologies - Waste reduction
- Application of nanoscale science in food processing and packaging
- Advances in food Formulation Technology: Smart and Novel Ingredients - Structure Design
- Food Biotechnology and Bioprocesses: micro/minibioreactor design; biodegradable polymers production and processing
- Reaction kinetics in food processes
- Modelling and simulation of food processes and automation in food industry
All the articles have been peer-reviewed for acceptance by at least two reviewers, frequently by three and rarely by more (see: Publication Policy) All the articles are identified by a DOI number and will be evaluated for inclusion into SCOPUS and SCHOLAR citation databases.
Sauro Pierucci, Laura Piazza (Guest Editors)